Thursday, February 5, 2009

Remember - Written for Kristen 1995

I wrote this when I was moving from Randolph, MA to Toledo, OH. If you read this back then and it sounds different, that is because I edited it years later.

When I think of leaving I cry my heart out
But I know you hate it when I pout
Remember all the crazy times we've shared
Remember when I thought no one had cared
Remember the chocolate and the gravy too
Nobody's crazier than me and you
Remember when I was obsessed with him
Remember the quarrel with Kim
Remember the party and the food fight
Remember staying up til the middle of the night
Remember the 7th and 8th grade dances
Remember the wonderful, crazy romances
What will happen when I go away?
Who will you remember with throughout the day?
But we will always be there for each other
Even as we become mothers

No comments: