Monday, February 9, 2009

Eyes of Amber - Written in High School

I wrote this in high school about a guy I had a crush on for a long time.


My tongue would be tied if you were standing before me
Looking in your eyes you'd be the only person I would see
With time standing still and fate on my side
I'd try my best to tell you how I felt and have nothing to hide
But you make it so difficult for me when I don't know how you feel
I need to know if the things I see aren't pretend but real
With your eyes being amber and your smile so sweet
I wonder if its time to wave the flag and call defeat
Looking in your eyes I become instantly hypnotized
Not worrying if what you say is the truth or mere lies
Don't back away because your feelings are so strong
They may be right, they are not always wrong
And it doesn't even matter
With you having eyes of amber

No comments: