Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Favorite Sister - Written for Danielle

Another poem for a great friend! I'm not sure if I wrote this before moving or after moving away though. I think it may have been in 1996 that I wrote this one.

A friend like you is hard to find
I turn to you during the hardest times
We've gone from happy to sad in the blink of an eye
We've gone from simple laughter to a saddening cry
You're there for me when my heart is blue
We stick together, best friends like glue
The thoughts we had we always shared
The guys we wanted didn't always care
We never fought, except about Mickey
No problem ever way too sticky
You had your bad times and I had mine
But we always made the best of time
Even if it meant we had to sing
We always got through everything
So no matter the distance far apart
I'll always consider you my sister at heart