Thursday, November 13, 2008

Strange Love - My First Poem

I wrote this poem over 15 yrs ago and I can remember it word for word as if I wrote it just yesterday... I even still have the original copy, mistakes and all...

While at the beach, staring at the sky
I was eating a peach, when I saw something fly by
When suddenly it hit me, a boot from the sky
So I thought up a creation, of a boot that could fly
The wonderful creation, yes she was a beauty
And thee who flew it, yes he was a cutie
He flew east and west, north and south
And the cutie inside, he never opened his mouth
The next day as he flew up above, I suddenly realized that I was in love
As he landed on the ground, he didn't make a sound
Yet he invited me in, for a cool glass of gin
Without another word we began to make love, as we soared off the ground like a plain white dove
Then he finally spoke and got down on one knee and said to me, "Brianna, will you marry me?"
I gleamingly said yes, with a little laughter as we both lived happily ever after

No comments: