Friday, November 14, 2008

Boyfriends - Written in Junior High

I had boyfriend after boyfriend in those two years. I was not a hoochie by any means. I can't even believe that I had so many. Going back and reading this childish poem it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. These "relationships" may not have lasted but a week or two (one was off and on for the entire two years) but they still show me that I was liked and they thought I was pretty (either that or they thought I was easy and sadly disappointed).

John was one
Ryan was two
I wish Ryan was here to tie my shoe
Tony was three
Mike was four
I wish Billy was here to hold the door
Billy was five
Nelson was six
I wish Nelson was here to give me another kiss
Tim was seven
Paul Benefit was eight
I wish Paul Benefit was here so I could punch him in the face
Paul Wilson was nine
Who will be ten?
Cause I really don't feel like doing this all over again

*I find it funny that my "first" boyfriend was John and so was my last. They are not the same John but still, it is kind of humorous. I also don't really consider any of these guys real boyfriends. The only one that really meant anything to me was Ryan. He was my "puppy love" and it took me a long time to get over him after moving away.*

No comments: